The Geoffrey Binnie Lecture will be presented by
Mr Roy Coxon, former
Guests at the conference will include the President of ICOLD, Mr
Long Term Benefits and Performance
The 13th British Dams Society (BDS) Conference will be held at the
University of Kent, Canterbury between 22-26th June 2004.
BDS invites all from the European and wider family of ICOLD to participate
in the conference which will include technical presentations, technical
visits and the prestige lecture – the Geoffrey Binnie Lecture,
exhibition and a full accompanying persons programme around the
historic cathedral city of Canterbury and the surrounding ‘Garden
Technical visits will include visits to water supply reservoirs
and flood alleviation schemes including the Thames Barrier.
Papers have been offered on the following topics:
Click here for
details of the conference programme.
- The benefits and social impacts of dams
- Lessons learned from historical visits
- Refurbishment and replacement of various elements of dams
- Discontinuance and abandonment of dams
- The use and performance of synthetic materials in dams
- Recent flood events and climate change
- Rehabilitation case histories
- Risk Assessment