The BDS Photo Competition Rules
The following rules apply
- Photographs must be original work.
- Entrants must be the sole owner of copyright in all photographs entered and must have obtained permission of any person featured or dam owner/operator as necessary. Where appropriate client permission to publish the photo should be included with the submission. Further, entrants must not have breached any laws when taking their photographs.
- Entrants can submit up to two photographs electronically in colour or black and white and no entrant can win more than one prize.
- Each entry should be marked with the photographer’s name, address and telephone number.
- Entrants should include the time and date the photo was taken plus a short description of the dam to include its location in no more than 50 words.
- Entrants will retain copyright in the photographs that they submit to the BDS. By entering the competition all entrants grant to the BDS the right to publish and exhibit their photographs on the BDS's website and in print in the BDS Journal or any other media. No fees will be payable for any of the above uses.
- The BDS reserves the right to cancel this competition or alter any of the rules at any stage, if deemed necessary in its opinion, and if circumstances arise outside of its control.
- The BDS Photography Competition is open to members of the BDS and ICE as well as Engineering students
- All entries will be judged by a panel of BDS Committee members
- The date for announcing winners and prizes to be awarded will be advertised
- Electronic images of the photos should be emailed to Tim Fuller at: email@example.com
- Deadline for submission is as advertised.
To receive notification of this and other events, register for e-news at: http://www.britishdams.org/register.asp